Ageing, blemishes and general dullness would be how I'd have described my skin this time last year. I'd not really given much thought to investing in products that could help. I think party because I have sensitive skin and was scared of getting a reaction to something I'd spent a load of money on. And also deep down I kept promising myself that I would drink less wine and more water and get to bed earlier- surely that would do the trick? Easier said than done...
Then I read an article about skin care regimes which talked about serums and boosters in a way that assumed I knew what on earth they were. I felt like I was missing something, so I decided to do some research.
I'm a big fan of makeup artist Lisa Eldridge and her video about her personal skincare favourites was really educational. I learned alot about the ingredients to look for in products and her insight helped me to narrow down the search for reliable ranges as there's SO much choice out there.
Pictured above are the products I'm currently using, and their description in order of regime:
1. Cleanser // Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil. I love this stuff. It sounds weird to be cleaning your face with oil but it's actually the nicest way to start and end the day. After massaging it all over your face, it melts away makeup (even the most suborn waterproof mascara). You then add a little water to your face and the oil emulsifies, creating a kind of milky wash.
2. Serum // The molecules in a serum are smaller than those in a moisturiser so it can deposit ingredients deeper into the skin. I'm using Eucerin Hyaluron Filler Concentrate. As the name suggests, it contains Hyaluronic acid which helps keep skin plump, smooth and supple- so great for those dreaded lines!
3. Eye Cream // Eucerin Hyaluron Filler Eye Cream. More of that good stuff Hyaluronic acid.
4. Moisturiser // Keihls Super Multi Corrective Cream. Contains Jasmonic Acid, Hyaluronic Acid and Beech Tree Extract. Really lovely moisturiser that feels great but also gets busy doing anti ageing stuff. I have formed a real affection for Keihls. The staff there are so friendly and helpful and really generous with samples which I think is so important- especially with sensitive skin. I have a growing list of products I'd like to get from them. Next one being the Over Night Biological Peel - sounds scary but this stuff is amazing! Gentle but highly effective and noticeably brighter, even skin the next morning.
5. Lip Balm // Clarins HydraQuench Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm. This product is a real beaut. I wear alot of matt lipsticks and as a result my lips get pretty dry and flakey. I application of this and they look and feel smooth and plump.
I'd now describe my skin very differently. I'm still ageing (who isn't?), I still get blemishes (who doesn't?), but overall it looks clearer and brighter. I've even stopped wearing foundation...
bloglovin' / facebook / twitter / instagram / pinterest